Tuesday 27 August 2019

Through Fire - All Animal (2019)


I bring you a review of an album that took me by surprise, actually. I knew that a new album from Through Fire was going to be released, as they released a new single entitled "All Animal", but I didn't know how soon it was going to be released. Nevertheless, I bring you the second studio album by Through Fire called All Animal, a grittier, more impactful take on their style, as created in Breathe. As I said in my previous Through Fire review, this album shows their true potential and makes you come back for more.

This album is a roller-coaster ride of emotions. All Animal contains some of the most powerful and one of the saddest songs I've ever listened to. The power and raw meat of this album is contained in songs like "Breaking Point" and "Wake The Dead". Both of these songs tell the story of standing in the face of oppression and to never back down. "Breaking Point" has some of the best lines I have ever heard in a song; I literally lost my mind over some of them. The action-packed, heavy-hitting songs take a break to allow the emotion to turn solemn towards the end of the album with the song "If You Love Me, Leave Me". A song telling the story of someone saying that they are a burden on their friends or significant other, and that if they love them, they should leave them, as the title suggests. This song makes me sad, because no-one should have to think like that. Everyone deserves someone in life. Everyone should have a "Superhero", no less. But besides this, nearly all the songs are powerful and inspirational.

In the end, All Animal is, all-in-all, a fantastic album that really plays with your emotions, in a good way. This album is one of the best albums I have listened to this year, because it has me drawn in by the numerous aspects of it: the backing tracks, the vocals, the ferocity. It makes for an amazing listen and I could jam out to these songs for hours. I love it. You might too.

Favourite Tracks: All
Rating: 10 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment