Thursday 12 September 2019

Alter Bridge - One Day Remains (2004)


I first heard Alter Bridge's music about a decade ago when I was playing WWE games a whole lot. "The Rated R Superstar" Edge uses an edited of "Metalingus" for his intro theme, and it is probably still the best intro theme used in the WWE to date. And speaking of "Metalingus", it comes from this album. One Day Remains is the debut studio album by rock band Alter Bridge. When I was younger, I didn't know any better and I thought Edge himself sung "Metalingus", completely unaware about the fact that a whole band was behind the masterpiece of a track.

With 11 tracks lasting about 55 minutes, One Day Remains offers some of the cleanest vocals and instrument tracks that I have ever heard. The vocal range of Myles Kennedy is mightily impressive and add a form of power to the songs that I can't really describe. The raw emotion poured into these songs is definitely on a level that I have never heard before, and it shows all the way throughout. It's just amazing, electrifying. This album has me pumped in all kinds of ways; I have the most fun jamming out to these songs more than any other albums or songs I have heard from other artists. 

One Day Remains also offers the calmer, almost sadder songs "Broken Wings" and "In Loving Memory", which shows the contrast between this and the other songs. I especially like the backing track to "Broken Wings". It's still most definitely a rock song, but the tone is meticulously set by the guitars, which I find amazing. With the vocals and drums, the emotion is very easy to hear. As this is the first time I've listened to an Alter Bridge album, I am unable to compare it to their later material, nor am I able to give it a complete 10 / 10, but boy, I wish I could. This album shows the true scale of Alter Bridge's potential from the absolute get-go.

I love this album. It's clearly a Rock album, and makes sure you are aware of that in the coolest way possible. It's actually quite a shame I'm only listening to this now, because I would have loved to have listened to this when I was younger. One Day Remains is a spectacular debut album and showcases the raw potential of Alter Bridge. I highly recommend you listen to this one. It's incredible.


Favourite Tracks: All
Rating: 9 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment